Termed as the best batsman in the world Virat Kohli the dashing cricketer and role model of today’s youth is fast moving towards scoring his 100 centuries in his cricketing career and while doing so he has delivered some excellent cricket for the audience to feast on. Virat Kohli one day career graph shows the cricketer is not stopping with an astounding 35 centuries.
Virat Kohli, today’s match versus England is going to be a challenging one with England gearing up to give a good fightback after losing the first match to Virat’s team.
Virat Kohli One Day Career Journey –
After leading his team to a convincing victory in 2008 at Kuala Lampur in the under 19 cricket world cup 2008 Virat started his one-day career in the Indian national team against Sri Lanka as an opener after both the big wigs Sachin and Sehwag were injured and declared unfit for play. He was appointed as the vice-captain of the ODI team in 2012 and became the Captain In 2017 after Dhoni stepped down as skipper.
With an impressive 9588 runs from 208 matches at an average of 58.11, Virat has an impressive one-day career.
Virat Kohli Test Career –
Virat’s test career is equally remarkable as he scored his 21st century in a Test against SA in 2017. Virat Kohli cricbuzz rating is calculated by using ICC rankings which places Virat Kohli in the first place in ODIs and 2nd place in tests since Oct 2017.
Virat Early Cricketing Career –
In addition, Virat honed his cricketing skills from the West Delhi Cricket Academy. Kohli first played for the Delhi Under-15 team in October 2002. In July 2006, Kohli was selected in the under 19 squad on its tour of England. His impressive performance pleased his coach who appreciated the fact that Kohli showed strong technical skills against both pace and spin.
Virat’s Personal life –
Now have a look at cricketer Virat Kohli’s biography. Virat Kohli’s education was initiated at the Vishal Bharti Public School in Delhi. His father late Mr. Prem Kohli was a criminal lawyer. His elder brother is a businessman and his sister works as a teacher. His marriage to Anushka branded them as the power couple “Virushka” as they combinedly had a net worth of around 600 Crs.
Virat’s One Day Career Trivia:
- Virat is the only player in the history of cricket to have an average of 50 in all the three formats (test, ODI, T20s) of the game.
- Virat has scored an ODI hundred in every county he had played
- Kohli is also the fastest cricketer to hit 20 ODI centuries.
- Virat is the first Indian to score a century in his debut world cup match.
- Virat scored the fastest century for India in ODI in 52 balls.
- Also, Virat Kohli IPL team RCB bought him for only Rs 20 lacks in 2008 and in 2018 he was paid a whopping 17 crore to just be retained.
- Virat is the fastest batsman to score 5000 in the ODIs
- He is only the second batsman in the world to have scored 1,000 or more ODI runs for four consecutive calendar years
You must log in to post a comment.