The Virus Is Acellular Micro-Organisms that are present around us. Its different species are present in the environment but it can survive only inside the body of other living organisms. That’s why viruses are the connecting link between living things and non-living things. It is a mixture of acid and protein.
VIRUSES : USEFUL AND HARMFUL
Some species of viruses are harmful but some species are useful too. For example, HIV, Influenza Virus, Dengue Virus, Polio Virus are some viruses that have an adverse effect on the body. Meanwhile, Bacteriophages destroy bacteria that the present in the gut.
Now coronavirus is wreaking havoc. According to some doctors and scientists, it made in a laboratory in China. Because it is speculated that if the virus would naturally produce then it destroys naturally in some countries due to climate distribution in the world. But if it would be made, it will not end so easily.
INDIAN VIROLOGY RESEARCH INSTITUTE (PUNE)
Meanwhile, all countries are working on the different types of viruses in their laboratory. Indian virology research institute in Pune is a virus research center of India. Some of the landmark achievements of this institute are:
- Finding of a new genotype of dengue virues.
- Isolated a virus “malsoor” belonging to Pheleobovirus family.
- Isolated the 11 strains of SARS-CoV-2 virus
- Discovered new species of rodent and bat
- Epidemiology of Hepatitis viruses , development of vaccine
- First detection of human meta- pneumovirus
- Discovered Chandipura virus involvement in encephalitis
- Isolation of several strains of Rotaviruses
- Developed the first mosquito cell line in the world: popularly known as ‘ the single’s cell line’
- Developed indigenous ELISA for Detection Of Dengue, JE, Hepatitis A,B,C Measles, rota etc.
- Genotyping of important viruses like JE,WN etc.
You must log in to post a comment.