P T Usha is one of the famous athletes in the world. Since Asiad, 82 (Asiad, 82) till now, the timing of PT Usha is full of miraculous performances. Usha is said to be one of the greatest athletes in Indian history, and Usha has also been given the title of ” Queen of Indian track and field “. She has given a nick name ‘Payyoli Express’.
Full Name – Piyululkandi Thakepaparambil Usha (P.T Usha)
Birth – June 27, 1964
Birth place – Kannur (Kerala)
Father – Patlata
Mother – Lakshmi
Spouse – V. Srinivasan
Pilavullakandi Thekkeparambil Usha also known as P.T. Usha, is an Indian track and field athlete from the state of Kerala. She is associated with Indian Athletes since 1979. Usha currently runs Usha School of Athletes in Koilandi district of Kerala. Usha was born in Piyyoli village of Kozhikode district of Kerala state.
P T Usha participated in the National School Play, where O.M. Nambiar was impressed by her sports performance, and later he became his coach and he trained Usha. In Moscow Olympics held in 1980, she made her appearance as an athelete. At the Asian Games held in New Delhi, she won silver medal in 100 meters and 200 meters, but only one year later, Usha took the gold medal in her 400 meters in Asian track and field championship held in Kuwait, and it was an Asian record. In Asian track and field championship, Usha earned 13 gold a total.
In 1984, in the 400 meter hurdle in the Los Angeles Olympics, she reached the finals but missed by a few margin from winning the medal . But Usha succeeded in making it to the third position. She lost the Bronze Medal by 1/100 sec difference.
In the 10th Asian Games held in Seoul in 1986. Usha won 4 gold medals and 1 silver medal. At the same time, in the year 1985, in the sixth Asian track and field championship held in Jakarta, Usha gwon 5 gold medals. Winning so many medals in any one of the international championships is a world record set by Usha.
Usha has won 101 International Medal in her entire career. She was also working as a officer in railways. In 1985 he was awarded the Padma Shri and the Arjuna Award. At present, she trains young athletes in her own academy in Kerala, including Tantu Lucca, who qualified in the 2012 London Olympics in the semi-finals of the Women’s 800m.
A talented person is like the sun that shines the entire world with its light. Usha is one such talent. PT Usha, won 101 international medals, is considered as Asia’s best female athlete. Writing the achievement of P.T Usha in one article is very hard as she has one so many awards.
P.T Usha’s life at a glance
1. At the age of 12, she took admission in ‘Sports School’ of Kannur; O P. Nabibiraka found her and decided to train.
2. In 1978, Usha received 3 gold in inter-state competition in Kerala.
3. In the 1982 Asian Games, she won gold medal in 100 meters and 200 meters race. In Kuwait also, she won two gold medals . At the national level, Usha repeated her best performance several times.
4. In Los Angeles Olympics 1984, she got fourth place. She is India’s first runner to get this honor.
5. PT Usha received 13 gold medals, 3 silver and one bronze medal in the Asian track and field championship held between 1983 and 1989.
6. In the Jakarta Asian Championship, she also proved herself by winning the gold medal. She is the best runner of Asia by winning 5 gold medals and one silver medal in ‘Track and field matches’.
PT Usha achievements: –
* Moscow participated in the Olympic Games.
* 4 gold medals in the Karachi International Invitational Games.
* 2 gold medals in the International Invitation Games
* 1 Gold Medal in the International Invitation Games of Hisar.
* 2 gold medals in the International Invitation Games.
* World Junior Competition.
* 1 gold and one silver in Seoul won.
* 2 silver medals in the New Delhi Asian Games.
* In the Asian rival competition in Kuwait, 1 gold and 1 silver
* New Delhi received two gold medals in International Invitation Games.
* Ingllywood United States 2 gold medals in international invitation
* Los Angeles Olympics took part in the 400m hurdles and were deprived of 1/100 secs bronze medal.
* Seventh position in 4×400 m relay.
* 3 gold medals in 8 domestic tournaments in Singapore
* In Tokyo 400th hurdle race in the Tokyo International Invitational Games, the fourth place was achieved.
* won 2 gold and 2 silver medals in the World Railway Games in Olomouc in the Czech Republic, he was declared the best railway player.
* This was the first time in the history of Indian Railways when an Indian woman or a man received this honor.
* 6th place in 400m in Moscow’s Goodwill Games.
* 4 Gold and 1 Silver Medal in Seoul Asian Games 1 Gold Medal in Malaysian Open Race Competition 3 Gold Medal in Singapore’s Lions Race Competition 2 Gold Medals in four National Invitational Games in New Delhi
* 3 Gold and 2 Silver Medals in Singapore’s Asian Race Jump Competition
* 2 gold medals in Kuala Lumpur’s Malaysian free race competition 3 gold medals in the International Invitational Games of New Delhi participated in the 5th World Championships in Rome, 5 gold medals in the South Asian Association Games.
* She became the first Indian to enter the 400m hurdle finals.
* 3 gold medals in the Singapore Open race competition.
* In the Olympics pre-race competition in New Delhi, 2 swarm medals participated in the 400m hurdles in the Seoul Olympics.
* 4 gold and 2 silver medals in Asian race jumps in New Delhi
* 4 Gold Medals in the Malaysian Free Race Competition in 3 Gold Medals in International Invitation Games in Calcutta
* 3 silver medals in Beijing Asian Games
* Hiroshima Asian Games 1 Silver Medal
* 1 bronze medal in Pune’s International Permission Games.
* 1 bronze medal in Chennai’s South Asian Games
* 1 bronze medal in Pune’s International Permission Games.
* Atlanta participated in Olympic Games.
* 1 Silver Medal in Pune’s International Permission Games
* 1 Gold Medal in Patiala’s International Permission Games
nineteen ninety eight
* 1 gold in Fukuoka’s Asian race competition
* 1 silver and 2 bronze medals
* One silver medal in the 4×400 relay race in Bangkok and two gold and 1 silver medal in the Bangkok edition of King Bhalender Singh in New Delhi.
* 1 gold and 2 silver medals in Kathmandu’s South Asian Games
* 1 gold medal in Raja Bhalender Singh race competition in New Delhi
Usha decided to retire because of knee injury, but on the basis of training and hard work she started ‘Usha Academy’. Currently, she is training young atheletes in her academy. She made the country proud by winning so many medals and considered the best athelete from India.
You must log in to post a comment.