On Monday, people who are confident of the convenience of the cab are going to have a lot of trouble because on Monday about 80,000 cab drivers of the cab service company Ola and Uber are on strike.
Some important events from the Ola Uber Strike:
– The company Uber and Ola, which facilitates taxi booking on mobile apps, has announced to go on an indefinite strike. Due to this strike, the app will not run in major cities like Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Pune.
This strike was called by the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS). The main issue of the walkout is to improve the working conditions of the drivers.
– In support of this strike, around 80 thousand drivers will remain offline in the country.
– Indian Express , according to reports, protest outside Drivers Companies in Mumbai office are performing. Apart from this, cab services in Maharashtra, Thane, Nashik and Pune will be affected. At the same time the drivers will be on strike in Delhi, Bengaluru, Hyderabad.
– MNS president Sanjay Naik said that Ola and Uber had made big promises to the drivers, but today they are not able to get their own cost. He invested five to seven lakh rupees and was expected to earn up to 1.5 lakh on a monthly basis, but he is not able to earn half of it, the main reason for this is that the management of these companies is not working properly.
– Naik alleges that in bookings, these companies prefer their ownership taxis, which has also affected drivers’ earnings.
– Naik claims that these companies have given guarantee to the drivers for the loan under the money scheme, but they have not verified them. Now he is not able to pay it because his cost is not complete.
– News 18 , according to reports, Sanjay Naik said that these protests will remain peaceful. If a driver does violence then he will refuse to join hands with them, and if it does not happen then he will deal with the situation in the MNS style.
– Let’s say there are more than 45,000 taxis in these companies in Mumbai and now 20% less taxis are running on the roads due to less work. He said that the drivers have also contacted Raj Thackeray, the leader of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena for interference in this matter.
The cab drivers had a strike on September last year. At that time the issue of low salaries was raised.