Admission to undergraduate medical courses in all medical institutions governed by any other law is through NEET. Earlier this exam was conducted by CBSE. The NTA (National Testing Agency) conducts this exam after the President assents to the National Medical Commission Act, 2019 on August 08, 2019. Institutes like AIIMS, New Delhi, JIPMER, and all AIIMS take admission to MBBS/dental and other courses through NEET.
This exam is offline. This exam is held in May but due to Corona, it is happening in September for two years. There is a total of 180 questions in this 3-hour long exam. Four marks are awarded for 1 correct question and 1 mark is deducted for 1 wrong question.
Any candidate who has passed 12th or equivalent from a recognized board with the main subject PCB is eligible for the NEET exam. Apart from this, candidates who have taken biology as an additional subject can also appear in this exam. The percentage of marks has been fixed for each category separately. UR- 50%, OBC, ST, SC-40%, PWD- 45%. Indian citizens, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs, and foreign nationals are also eligible for this exam. The minimum age should be 17 years (till 31st December) and the court is still deciding on the maximum age.
12th level of physics chemistry and biology(PCB). Try to focus on NCERT of both the 11th and 12th standards.
How to set the code while filling the form
- Code 1 – Students who are in 12th or waiting for results after giving the 12th exam can choose this code.
- Code 2- Students who have completed 12 years from a recognized board, which is equivalent to class 10+2, can opt for this code. Apart from this, the same code is applicable for droppers as well,( those who have taken a drop of few years after the 12th exam).
- Code 3- Students who have Intermediate or pre-examination degree in Science stream from any recognized Indian University/ Board or other body with PCB, and English as a compulsory subject can opt for this code. In addition, the subjects mentioned in the qualifying examination should also include a practical test.
- Code 4- Students who have passed the Higher Secondary Examination or Pre-University or equivalent examination and have completed the Pre-Professional/Pre-Medical Examination with PCB and English can opt for this code. The eligibility for the pre-professional or pre-medical examination should compulsorily include practical tests in all subjects.
- Code 5- Anyone who has covered practical tests with PCB/ biotechnology in the first year of their bachelor’s degree from a recognized university can opt for this code.
- Code 6- Any student who has completed B.Sc. Exams with at least two subjects that include PCB/Biotechnology can opt for this code.
- Code 7- Students who have passed any other examination which is equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination of any University/Board can opt for this code. Foreign candidates will also choose code 7.
After the results, the NEET scores of students will determine their eligibility to get a medical seat in India. And their chances of getting admission to a government medical university or a private medical university. When the MBBS seat is filled, students are admitted based on their rank in BDS, BAMS, BHMS, and other medical courses.
The validity of this exam is only for one year. If the student does not get admission according to his rank, he will have to give an exam for admission next year. The application process for NEET 2021 has started yesterday. Those who want to give this exam can apply by visiting the NTA website. NEET 2021 will be held on 12 September.