There are many such festivals in our country full of diversity, in which fastings have special significance. This fasting is a symbol of our faith, which connects us with our culture and teaches us to live a disciplined lifestyle. In the proper case, these festivals infuse positive energy into life. Along with fulfilling the religious purpose, fasting also positively affects physical and mental health. It can be said that fasting works to purify the body physically and mentally. Every religious event has different rules of fasting, which are somewhat different from our routine and food. Today we are talking about the Navratri fasting tips for people with high blood pressure and sugar, which starts on April 2.
Navratri is a nine-day long fast and a great festival of fasting. Be it winter Navratri or summer, they have special significance in Hinduism. That is why every person associated with Sanatan culture has faith in them.
Navratri Fasting Tips
Who should fast and who should not?
According to experts, keeping diabetes balanced with diet and exercise is not as tricky as delusional. Fasting with controlled blood sugar lowers the risk of potential problems such as dehydration or excessive loss of blood sugar, too low or too high. Therefore such people can keep fast. But if people who have diabetes, high blood pressure, or kidney disease want to fast, they have to take special care of some things.
People often stop taking medicines to control diabetes and blood pressure during fasting, which can be pretty risky. For this, you should consult your doctor. Your doctor may change the dosage and timing of medicines according to the condition of the disease. So keep fasting only after proper modification of medicines as per the opinion of your specialist.
How should the food be in Navratri Fasting tips?
Weighty food is often consumed during the fast. These include sago kheer, sago khichdi, Kuttu puri, Potato chips, papad, etc. These foods’ greasy salt and sugar can harm the patient’s sugar level and blood pressure. For a person who has diabetes or other diseases, it is necessary to change the ingredients of the fast and the methods of preparing food. It is better to eat fried, less fried, or steamed food items instead of fried things.
What are the things to be kept in mind?
- If there is dizziness or tremor in the body, then break the fast immediately.
- Use those things in the fruit diet with a low glycemic index.
- Eat fiber-rich things like cucumber, beet, papaya, guava, orange, etc.
- Instead of puri, dumplings, make buckwheat roti, Samak rice khichdi, cheela, stuffed roti, raita, etc.
- Instead of chips, Namkeen, eat bhelpuri and fruits of roasted makhana.
- A careful selection of food ingredients and preparation of Food For Fasting can save the health of diabetic patients from deteriorating.
- Ensure the presence of protein in the food by necessarily including cheese, curd, and milk. It will not only provide complete nutrition to the body but will also avoid excess intake of carbohydrates.
We can truly enjoy all our festivals with some necessary and straightforward changes in Navratri fasting tips. Both alertness and simplicity are necessary for everyday life.