There are many fasts and festivals in Hinduism, especially after the month of Bhadrapad, the festival season starts. The festival of Teej comes only in this Bhadrapada month. Its other name is also known as Hartalika.
Importance of Teej
This Hartalika Teej fast is considered to be the most difficult of all the fasts, as it is a waterless fast. On this day, those who observe this fast, worship the Lord for the whole day without eating anything. According to the Hindu calendar, this fast is observed and worshiped on the third day of Shukla Paksha of Bhadrapada month. Mostly women and girls keep this fast. It is believed that by observing this Hartalika Teej fast, women wish for their unbroken good luck and happiness, and wish for happiness in their married life. Along with this, the girl who observes this fast gets the desired husband.
Hartalika Teej auspicious time
This time Tritiya Tithi of Shukla Paksha of Bhadrapada month is starting at night on 8th September. Tritiya Tithi will start on 8th September i.e. on Wednesday at 2:33 am. This date will end on the next day i.e. 9th September at 12.18 pm. According to astrology, this time the time of good Muhurta of this fast is being shown twice. The first Shubh Muhurta is being formed in the morning time and the second Shubh Muhurat is being formed in the evening around sunset. The auspicious time of the morning is 6:03 am to 08:33 am. The auspicious time which is being made in the evening is its time is between 04.28 pm to 05.13 pm.
By the way, the most auspicious time for worshiping Hartalik Teej fast is early morning. But if it takes time to collect the items of worship, then this worship can be done in the evening. According to their convenience, women observe this fast after sunset even in the Pradosh period. On this day it is best to worship Lord Shiva, Mata Parvati, and Lord Ganesha by making idols out of black soil, but if the soil is available, then this worship is done with the photo of God. This puja is performed with new dishes and fresh fruits. Listening to the story while worshiping is fruitful. Apart from this, if the fasting person wants, then she can also do night awakening.
Method of worshiping Teej Vrat
- Hartalika Teej Vrat is worshiped along with Lord Shiva, Mata Parvati, and Lord Ganesha.
- First of all, Lord Shiva, Mata Parvati, and Lord Ganesha made idols out of clay.
- After making the idol, decorate all the worship materials, which include new dishes and fruits.
- To worship Lord Ganesha, first of all, offer milk to Lord Ganesha by applying tilak.
- After this, offer flowers, Belpatra and Shamipatri, etc. to Lord Shiva and worship him well.
- In addition, after worshiping Lord Shiva, offer all the items of makeup to Goddess Parvati.
- After worshiping everyone thoroughly, offer clothes to the three deities.
- In this way, after offering all, listen or read the story of Teej fasting.
- After listening to the story, ritually perform the aarti of Lord Ganesha first, then Lord Shiva and Mother Parvati.
- After completing all the rituals, offer bhog in the end.