Don’t let your desk job make you unhealthy and fat. Here are a few exercises and diet tips to stay fit in spite of a sit-down job
Many people complain about this. Increasing stress and inactivity at work leads to weight gain. Here’s what to do…
Exercise at your desk
- For a toned stomach: Sit tall and straighten the spine. Clench the abdominal muscles tightly pulling the naval into the spine. Hold for one to five seconds and repeat 20 times. Try doing this at least three times in a day.
- For great thighs: Be seated with knees together. Keep them together in a way that no one can pull them apart even if they try their best. Squeeze your inner thigh muscles in one-second pulses. Do this at least three times daily.
- For a shapely butt: Start to stand up and tighten your butt and thigh muscles; then pause for a beat. Sit back down and stand up as you normally would. Do this every time you get out of your chair
- Eat more of nuts and seeds: The vital nutrients that your body requires – protein, magnesium, vitamin B and healthy monounsaturated fats are found in favorites like almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. They help keep blood sugar under control. Have them in the earliest part of the day – they will pack you with lot of energy.
- Raw vegetables and cold cuts: Consume foods that are high in fibre. Vegetables like broccoli and celery are rich in plant compounds that regulate blood sugar. Also, go for cold cuts like turkey and cheese slices that are high in protein.
- Have eggs daily: Egg is the highest quality protein you can have. They increase nitrogen stores in muscles and make them firmer so they burn more calories even when your body is at rest. Moreover they are loaded with vitamin D and prevent fat from trapping.
- Sip oolong tea: Oolong tea balances blood sugar and cortisol levels – this reverses the fat-storing mechanisms caused by office inactivity. Consume one to three cups while you’re at work.