Sometimes, we keep the leftover food in the fridge or cupboard. Then, the next day, you forget to put the leftover food in the refrigerator. After a few days, when you look at that food, you see that mold has grown in it. This kind of experience must have happened to many people. It often happens with white bread, especially in the summer or Rainy Season. As soon as we see moldy food, we throw it away carefully to not harm it. But sometimes, you do not know that there is mold in the food, and you eat it. The bitter taste makes you realize what you have eaten. In such a situation, there is a fear in the heart that the fungus can make you sick.
Safe To Eat Food With Mold
Is it hazardous to eat mold? Should you run to the hospital immediately after accidentally ingesting it? Can eating moldy food cause death? Today we will know the answer to some questions related to such fungus.
First, you should know that eating molded food is common because most people make such mistakes. Food experts also say that you do not need to be afraid if you have eaten your moldy food. Things frail and porous, such as bread, fruits, vegetables, are easy to mold. But eating it doesn’t do much damage or make you incredibly ill.
How to get rid of moldy food?
Food molds often grow in warm and humid environments. It usually occurs in the summer and rainy seasons. Such weather is favorable and conducive to the growth of the fungus. Dry mold spores float through the air, searching for new places where some more mold can grow.
- When buying the goods, the date of the packet (belt before), how it looks and smells. Check that there is no mold in it.
- Buy and stock wisely when buying Food Packets.
- Buy food in slight quantities so that the mold doesn’t have time to grow.
- Cover food with the moldable wrap to prevent exposure to moisture and spores in the air.
- Keep things in a cool and dry place.
- Keep items that should be kept in the fridge there. However, the refrigerator can’t keep them from getting moldy forever. So keep watching from time to time.
- Exposure to papads, ready-to-fry chips, and dry products is often stored for long periods in a few days. Do not touch preserves or any dry food you plan to use immediately with wet hands.
- Finish the food that is left the next day. Clean the fridge daily.