Nowadays, people are searching for many means of earning in the digital age. If seen, YouTube Has Become A Good Platform in this era for earning people. People who know even a little bit of technology earn millions of crores of rupees from YouTube. YouTube has more than 20 million monthly users all over the world. More than 500 hours of content are uploaded to YouTube every minute. Millions of people earn money from Youtube channels.
In the last years, the role of YouTube has changed a lot due to the increasing influence of Corona. YouTube has now become a platform where people come to their sources of employment and search for information related to income instead of a means of entertainment. Not only this, this YouTube allows its creators and artists to showcase their talent. Through YouTube, people show their content to the whole world. YouTube in India has helped grow the business of the growing artist community. Today, many such artists are making their careers through YouTube and earning lakhs of rupees. Today we will know how people earn money from YouTube channels?
Ways To Earn Money From Youtube Channels
What is the YouTube Partner Program?
The foundation of this modern creator economy was laid about 14 years ago by launching the YouTube Partner Program (YPP). It is the first business model on which most of the revenue is shared with the creator. This model only works when the audience, the creators, and advertisers who watch the video are confident that we are doing our part as a business. Today more than 2,000,000 creators worldwide are earning revenue from their creativity through this platform. However, standards have been set for channels to earn money from YouTube.
A trained reviewer reviews each channel that applies to YPP. At the same time, he also makes sure that he follows the policies of YouTube. With the YouTube Partner Program, there are many options for creators to earn revenue other than advertising, including merchandise, channel subscriptions, Super Chats and Super Stickers. As of June 2021, the number of YouTube channels in India generating revenue of Rs 1 lakh or more is growing at 60 per cent year on year. Let us see how creators who create videos on YouTube can increase their income.
Advertisement on any YouTube channel is the main source of revenue for the creator. When creators apply to YPP, they decide which videos they want to turn on ads for. For this, the creator has to follow YouTube’s community guidelines. In addition, videos must follow advertiser-friendly guidelines to accept ads.
This premium is a paid subscription through YouTube. After subscribing to YouTube Premium, members are provided with ad-free content, background playback, downloads, exclusive content, and premium access to the YouTube Music app. Most of the revenue from these subscriptions is passed on to YouTube partners.
The merch shelf on YouTube can be earned by increasing the number of subscribers. Through this, channels can display official branded merchandise on the watch page of your YouTube channel. It would be best if you remembered Bhuvan Bam. He started uploading comedy sketches on YouTube. After that, in just two years, BB Ki Vines launched its daily streetwear brand Yuthiyapa in 2017 by building a huge subscriber base. Today, over 2.47 million subscribers visit their store to browse their favourite merchandise on the channel.
Any creator who uploads videos to YouTube can provide special benefits and content to viewers who subscribe to their channel monthly. You can also understand this with an example. The creator Nitin Bhatia is a full-time trader. He shares exclusive educative videos on stocks, real estate, and personal finance with his members who subscribe to his channel. By giving such subscriptions, he has registered a six-fold increase in the revenue he gets from YouTube.
How to apply for YPP, and what are the requirements?
- To apply to YPP, you must abide by the YouTube Terms and Conditions. Let us see what those terms and conditions are.
- Only channels that meet YouTube’s policies and guidelines are accepted into the YouTube Partner Program. According to the rule, if your channel has at least 1,000 subscribers and meets the limit of 4,000 valid public watch hours, then you can apply for YPP.
- After this, you have to sign in to YouTube. After that, click on your profile photo and then on YouTube Studio. Thereafter clicking on Monetization in the left menu, click on Review Partner Program Term Card. Here you have to give your consent on their terms.
- Now you need an Adsense account. Click on Sign up for Google Adsense. If you already have an Adsense account, you can use a pre-approved account. You can link multiple channels with one Adsense account.
- If you do not have an Adsense account, you can create one by following the on-screen instructions. Then connect to Adsense. Your channel will then be automatically put in the review queue for review.
- Here you can have two options. If accepted in YPP, you can set ad preferences and enable Monetization on your uploads. If YPP is rejected, you will have to apply after 30 days. Then You Can Earn Money From Youtube By Increasing Subscribers.