Shantiniketan was started by Rabindranath Tagore in 1901. Obviously, the purpose of his Shantiniketan was that the trees and plants standing on the soil, the colors of the changing seasons, the natural environment filled with animals and birds could lead to the creative development of the students. Similarly, for the creative development of children, the Bihar government started Kilkari Bihar Bal Bhavan. In addition, the main purpose of this Kilkari is to provide opportunities and an environment for the creative development of children.
History of Kilkari Bihar Bal Bhavan
On May 30, 2008, Kilkari Bihar Bal Bhavan was established in Bihar by registering under the Societies Registration Act 21, 1860. Mrs. Jyoti Parihar took over as the Director of Kilkari in July 2008 and the journey of Kilkari began accordingly. Kilkari provides a healthy, stress-free, and joyful environment for children in the age group of 8 to 16 years. In other words, here the creative development of children takes place.
Specifically, children are provided with the opportunity to perform according to their interests. Often children do not get time for creative work in between studies in schools. Therefore, this Bal Bhavan provides those opportunities. Meanwhile, in Bal Bhavan Kilkari, children are trained mainly in three areas: Arts, Science and Sports. Also, Kilakari organizes full-time and part-time training as per the time available with the children.
In full-time training, eight types of training are given to the children regularly that is for two hours in three sessions per day.
Full-time training is in the following subjects.
- Classical dance
- Classical singing
- Creative writing
- Computer training
- Science center
- Science lab
Apart from this, part-time training is given on specific days, under which the following subjects are covered.
- Clay Modelling
- Hand Crafts
- Folk Dance
- Ball badminton
Key attractions of Kilkari Bal Bhavan
- Child Counseling – For instance, it has been seen in young children that some such things which they are not able to do openly in front of their parents. Such children are consulted by the specialist so that they can flow positive energy inside themselves. For instance, counseling begins with the enrollment of one child.
- Library-In this library, children participate in storytelling, reciting popular and favorite poems, creating new jokes, riddles and drawings, besides reading books. Also, ‘Best Reader’ award give every month to create interest in books among children.
- Mobile Library – Also, Kilkari Bihar Bal Bhavan runs a mobile library for the children who are deprived of books. It is a van,that is go there, where books are not available for the children to read.
- Gullak’ (Children’s Bank)-This is the main attraction here. Also, the main objective of this bank is to introduce children to the habit of savings, proper use of money, and its proper management. In fact, it is like a bank. In addition, children learn the work related to the bank. Accordingly, the account can be opened with a minimum amount of Rs 10. Also, children can deposit or withdraw a minimum of Rs.1/- 6% p.a. interest is given on the deposit by the ‘piggy bank’ at the end of the financial year. The ‘Gullak’ also awards the ‘Best Account Holder’ after every three months. After this, when the child turns 16, his account transferred from Kilkari to a government bank.
The children associated with Kilkari have also won many National and International Awards.
- Rupesh Kumar- International Fide Rating in Chess in 2013-14.
- Syed Hussain Musa- 1401 Rating in International Rankings in 2014′
- Nupur Anand, Sada Nizami, Anjali Kumar -National Under-17 organized by All Bihar Chess Federation, Bihar in 2014.
- Syed Hasan Musa, Sada Nizami, Nupur Anand Ranked International Rankings:1401, 1070, and 1220 ratings in 2015.
- Mukesh received ‘National Children Award’-2012 by President Pranab Mukherjee.
- National Balshree Competition
- 2011 Shruti Suman in Scientific innovation
- 2012 Sudhakar Ravi in Creative Writing
- 2012 Manish Kumar in Theater
- 2013 Krishna Kumar in Theater
- In 2013 Vishnu Priya in Creative Writing
- 2013 Abhinav Azad in science
- Abhishek in the final six of 2014 India’s Best Dramebaaz.
- Rahul Kumar, Hema Kumari, Chandni Kumari, Sulekha Kumari, and Pooja Kumari starring in Manjhi the mountain in 2014.
- Ishu Kumari lead role in 2015 film ‘Gunja’.
- Abhinav of science stream secured first place in the national level science model-building competition organized by ‘Jiyasiya 2015’.
- Awarded by Eklavya Publications.
- 2014 – Ameesha Mohan, Pallavi Rani, Rekha Kumari, Kadambini, Ranjit Kumar, Manish Mayank, Ankush, Sonali Gupta
- 2015 – Shivam Kumar, Vikram Raj, Shreya Kumari
- Kumari Muskan -Theater in 2014
- Shruti Anand – Kathak Dance in 2014
- Abhishant Kumar – Pictures in 2014
- Muskan Gupta – Theater in 2015
- Bihar Sports Honors
- 2013 Suman Kumari in Taekwondo
- 2014 Soni Kumari in Taekwondo
- 2014 Aditya Kumari in Badminton
- 2015 Aditya Kumari in Badminton
- 2015 Chandan Kumar in Badminton
- Honored to be the biggest national sporting event for children in Limca Book of Records in 2012
- Drama Presentation at ‘Jasne-Bachchan’ 2014 by National School of Drama (NSD)
- Sangeet Natak Akademi, New Delhi presented a play by the children of Kilakari at the National Rang Mahotsav, ‘Rang-Samagam’ in 2016.
However, in the first phase, after the four divisions Patna, Darbhanga, Bhagalpur, and Gaya, now Kilkari Bal Bhavan will build in the remaining divisions as well. If you also want to register your child in Kilkari, then you can get complete information on its official website, http://www.kilkaribihar.in/. On the other hand, the registration fee is just Rs.10.